Face oval modeling
When should you think about face contour modeling?
It is worth thinking about surgical treatment primarily in the case of a visible decrease in volume in the area of the cheeks (sunken cheeks) and the marked valley of tears. Other indications for facial volumetry therapy may be:
- the need to display the zygomatic bone,
- in the case of overgrown masseter muscles – a square face,
- in the case of too little / a lot of protruding chin,
- in the case of deep furrows in the nasolabial region,
- in the case of drooping corners of the mouth,
- in the case of flaccidity of the skin of the face and in the result of falling of the cheeks (so-called hamsters),
- after a reduction diet that causes a lot of weight loss – which can cause large volume losses in the face,
- in a situation of noticeable facial asymmetry.
Objectives of face oval modeling
The changes taking place in the area of the volume of our face are affected by the huge number of processes occurring in our skin. The most frequent and most common are listed below:
- weakening of collagen fibers and reduction of volume caused by the disappearance of adipose tissue in the face,
- an important factor is also the decrease in the level of hyaluronic acid in the skin,
- the above processes have a special effect on the appearance of the face because the area initially having a large volume begins to slacken, fall (gravitational factor) as a consequence, resulting in the effect of a relaxed face and unattractive appearance,
- lack of volume may also have a genetic basis and result from the natural construction of our face.
Aims of treatment
Due to the complex nature of the issue, a large number of indications and a huge variation in the situation of patients, it is difficult to clearly define one goal of treatment. Modern surgical techniques allow for a very wide range of oval correction and cheek modeling, hence the basic goal of the procedures is to meet the patient’s expectations. The therapies most often relate to the reconstruction of the lost volume of the cheeks, the correction of the chin, mandible lines and the elimination of wrinkles and furrows.
TRANPSLANTATION OF ADIPOSE TISSUEREAD