Reduction of scars
When should you think about scar reduction?
Treatment healing is dedicated to all types of scars, regardless of the cause of their occurrence, among others acne scars, post-traumatic or post-burn scars. We recommend visiting a specialist in particular when:
- the scar is in a visible place and its exposure causes everyday discomfort,
- scars obstruct daily activities such as make-up,
- the scar limits our mobility,
- we have a problem with postoperative scars in the area of the joints.
What could be the reason?
Regardless of the cause of the scar, the scar is a skin lesion resulting from damage to the dermis and replacement of the defect by the fibrous connective tissue. The most common scars we deal with are acne scars, scars after scalding and scars after surgical stitching.
A specific type of scar is keloid (hypertrophic scar). It occurs when the amount of connective tissue is greater than the amount of tissue damaged by injury.
The goals of scar reduction
The aim of surgical treatment is to improve the patient’s comfort by:
- improvement of elasticity of changed skin,
- lightening treatments,
- shallow scars due to the use of laser and fillers.
Keep in mind that the only way to completely remove the scar of her surgical excision. Non-surgical methods allow only to minimize their visibility.