The effects of the treatment
- Stimulation of cellular renewal (improvement of density and tension of aging skin),
- shallowing shallow wrinkles and acne scars,
- prevention of wrinkles and aging of the skin,
- unification of the skin tone and its brightening,
- seborrhoea/ sebum inhibition,
- pore narrowing.
What does the treatment look like?
Choosing the right therapy with the use of medical peeling always depends on the individual needs of the patient’s skin, including the number and size of discolorations indicated for removal. They determine the choice of the appropriate active substance, its concentration and pH indicator, as well as the application time. The effect of using medical peeling includes: stimulation of cell renewal (improvement of density and tension of aging skin), diminishing the appearance of fine lines and acne scars, prevention of wrinkles and skin aging, unification of the skin tone and its brightening, seborrhea inhibition, pore stenosis . This advanced therapy involves several stages. First, the skin is cleaned with a suitable preparation, after which a suitable peeling is applied to it with a special brush. Then – after a carefully selected period, the preparation is neutralized using substances with a basic pH level. The skin is washed with lukewarm water, toned and in the final stage moisturized with appropriate cosmetics. The treatments with Cosmelan ™ and Dermamelan ™ are slightly different. Here the procedure includes the following:
- applying the Cosmelan 1 / Dermelan 1 mask to the treated area (face, hands, back),
- the patient with the applied mask returns home and rinses the preparation after the time selected by the doctor at a later stage of treatment,
- the patient himself applies the cream Cosmelan 2 / Dermelan 2 In turn.
In the case of a retinol-based peel: an ampoule containing left-handed vitamin C and antioxidants is applied to the face, neck and décolleté, and after absorbing it through the skin, a mask with retinol is applied, which the patient himself rinses at home, after approx. 4 -8 hours.
Time of treatment
The treatment lasts about 30 minutes.
The recovery period after medical peeling
The total recovery period lasts up to a week. The skin is slightly red and visibly tensed after the treatment. Occasionally burning occurs, and in the vicinity of the nose, slight exfoliation of the epidermis. The treatment is safe, although sometimes side effects can occur, such as facial erythema, which lasts up to several days after surgery, irritation of areas around the mouth that can cause inflammation or herpes in carriers of the HSV-1 virus. Changes are treated with antiviral drugs to accelerate wound healing, unstable skin pigmentation disorders.
The duration of the effects
The effects of the treatment last about 3 months.
Particularly after the chemical peeling, one should remember about proper protection and care using consistently throughout the year preparations for photoprotection. It is also recommended to apply smoothing, cleansing and firming treatments tailored to the patient’s needs by a specialist doctor.
General recommendations after medical peeling
- avoiding sunbathing for 4 weeks after the procedure,
- recommendation of sunscreen creams with an SPF factor of at least 30,
- ban on using AHA creams for 14 days,
- it is proposed to use creams with vitamin C twice a day, which emphasizes the effect obtained,
- applying makeup is recommended only after a few hours, and preferably after 24 hours,
- absolute prohibition of scraping the exfoliating skin,
- care for intense moisturizing of the skin.
- previous allergic reactions to the applied peeling,
- inflammation, bacterial, viral and fungal infections within the exfoliated area,
- breastfeeding period,
- ongoing general infection.
The presented description of the procedure is of general character and does not constitute medical information. The basis for performing the treatment is always an individual medical consultation.