When should you think about the care of dry skin?
Intensive moisturizing is a line recommended primarily to people struggling with the following problems:
- dry and dehydrated skin,
- rough and flaky epidermis,
- changes caused by excessive tanning,
- water and lipid imbalance,
- too thin structure of the skin coating resulting in increased local sensitivity,
- minor scars.
The use of therapy is also recommended as a seasonal prophylactic protection against periodic adverse phenomena and factors. And so, in the spring it protects against drying, while in the winter, after a period of excessive UV radiation, hydrates the weakened skin.
What can cause excessive dryness of the skin
Impaired skin hydration levels are a common problem. They are generally the result of the following factors:
- too low level of hyaluronic acid responsible for water binding, hydration and elasticity,
- atmospheric factors – in this case temperature, wind and solar radiation,
- overproduction of free radicals destroying the collagen contained in the skin.
Aims of dry skin care
Therapy has the task of regulating skin water management in specific areas of the face or body. The essence of treatment is to restore a proper, natural level of moisture to all layers, even the deepest ones. The preparations used mainly contain hyaluronic acid, amino acids, vitamins, enzymes, antioxidants, as well as growth factors.