Rejuvenation of the eye area
When should you think about eye rejuvenation surgery?
The areas of the eyes are a perfect mirror showing the condition of the skin. In which cases should I think about a procedure to improve its condition and appearance? Among other things, if the following changes are noticed:
- improper skin tone around the eyes, which is colloquially called shadows under the eyes,
- loss of elasticity and the appearance of bags under the eyes,
- crow’s feet,
- the need to improve eyelid firmness,
- excess skin or the occurrence of fatty hernias on the upper or lower eyelids.
What may be the cause of the deterioration of the condition of the skin around the eyes?
Changes in the skin structure around the eyes may result from:
- weak development of the upper eyelid muscle or damage to the innervation of this muscle,
- excessive eyelid skin growth,
- a strongly developed part of the ocular muscle of the eye,
- decay of the fatty lining, causing collapse of the eye sockets,
- weakening of collagen fibers and loss of skin elasticity that lead to the accumulation of excess skin under the eyes,
- changes caused by strong facial mimicry,
- local rewarding of the hemosiderin dye causing the skin tone to darken.
Objectives of the eye area rejuvenation treatment
Depending on the individual characteristics and needs of the patient, the aim of treatment is to improve the overall condition of the skin around the eyes, lift the upper and lower eyelids, restore their firmness and lighten the skin tone under the eyes. What’s more, in the presence of wrinkles and furrows, the essence of treatment is also a controlled reduction in muscle tone responsible for their formation.